Notwithstanding any other legal requirement, a minor fourteen (14) years of age or older who may have been in contact with an infectious, contagious or transmissible disease may consent to the provision of hospital, medical and surgical care in connection with the diagnosis or treatment of that disease if the disease or condition is prescribed by law. or an order issued under a statute, which must be reported to the local health official. Such consent may not be refused on the basis of a minority. The consent of the parent, parent or legal guardian of such minor is not required to authorize hospital, medical or surgical care related to that condition, and such parents, parents or guardians are not responsible for payment of benefits provided under this Division. Consent to Care and Confidential Health Information (PDF) Michigan laws regarding the right of a minor to receive health care without parental consent or knowledge. This support was created by the Office of Legal Affairs of the Michigan Department of Community Health and is provided for informational purposes only. See disclaimer on document. (a) A minor may consent to the medical or dental care of the minor if all of the following conditions are met: (3) The minor is at least 14 years of age and is not under the custody, supervision or control of a parent, guardian or guardian. (1) the health professional has reasonable grounds to believe that the minor understands the benefits and risks of the services; Any minor who is separated from his or her parents or legal guardian for any reason and who is not in the care of his or her parents or guardian may consent to the services being provided by health professionals. Various laws set parameters for policy options in the area of school health services. This resource provides an overview of these laws. Links to specific federal or state laws are included.

This document is intended to be a guide for the development of policies and procedures, but is not intended to replace legal advice. Any policy development should be subject to legal review. Any minor may consent to his or her medical or dental care at the time such care is requested if he or she lives separately from his or her parents or guardians and manages his or her own financial affairs. Any minor may, at the time such treatment is requested, consent to his medical or dental treatment if he has reason to believe that he suffers or has been in contact with a particular disease. as dangerous to public health in accordance with Chapter One Hundred and Eleven Section Six; provided, however, that the minor can only consent to treatment related to the diagnosis or treatment of that disease. Any minor 14 years of age or older, a high school graduate, married or married, divorced or pregnant may consent to medical, dental, health or psychiatric services legally authorized for herself, and consent is not required for any other person. Any of the following persons may consent, orally or otherwise, to any surgical or medical treatment or procedure that is not prohibited by law proposed, recommended, prescribed or directed by a licensed medical practitioner: (7) Any unemancipated minor who has sufficient intelligence to understand and appreciate the consequences of the proposed treatment or surgical or medical interventions, for yourself; (14) a local McKinney-Vento Homeless Association education agency for unaccompanied homeless youth. A minor may consent to his or her own health care if the minor: Health care of any kind may be provided to minors of any age without the consent of a parent or guardian if, in the opinion of a person legally authorized to provide a particular health service, such services are considered necessary, unless it is an operation which is only can be performed if it is essential for the health or life of such a child in the opinion of the physician and a medical consultant, if available.

One. Notwithstanding other legal requirements, the following minors may consent to the provision of services by health professionals in the following cases: Informed consent for a minor`s health care may be obtained from a school nurse, school counselor or homeless fraternity if: A minor must be qualified and competent to receive medical care. if the minor is 16 or 17 years of age. Homeless or victims of domestic violence and self-sufficiency. The minor must be able to prove that his or her parents or guardians have expressly or implicitly consented to the minor living independently of the control of the parent or guardian. To demonstrate consent, the minor may, among other things, provide a letter from a state or nonprofit agency for the homeless, a local McKinney-Vento Homeless Association education agency, a social worker, or a school counselor or lawyer. A minor who claims to be separated or separated from his/her parents, parents or guardians for any reason and who is autonomous by any means may consent to the provision of health services and control access to protected health information. A child may consent to medical, dental, psychological and surgical treatment of the child by a licensed physician or dentist if the child is 16 years of age or older and lives separately from his or her parents, principal curator or guardian, with or without the consent of the parent, managing curator or guardian and regardless of the length of stay. and manages the child`s financial affairs, regardless of the child`s source of income. An unemancipated minor who is 14 years of age or older and has the capacity to consent to medically necessary medical care if he or she lives separately from his/her parents or legal guardian or one of his/her parents. Any person who understands the necessity, nature and significant risks normally associated with any hospital, medical, dental, surgical or other planned health treatment, treatment or intervention is authorized to consent on his or her own behalf.

(a) Subject to subsection (a1) of this section, any minor may give effective consent to a physician licensed to practice medicine in North Carolina for medical health services for the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of (i) sexually transmitted diseases and other diseases that may be reported under G.S. 130A-135, (ii) pregnancy, (iii) substance or alcohol abuse, and (iv) emotional disturbance. Notwithstanding any law to the contrary, a health care provider must obtain written consent from a parent or guardian before administering a vaccine that has received an emergency use authorization and is not yet fully approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration for a person under the age of 18. Any minor may give effective consent to legally authorized medical, health or psychiatric services to detect or treat the presence or treatment of pregnancy, STD, drug addiction, alcohol intoxication or a reportable disease, and consent is not considered necessary for any other person. (c) a minor who admits to having a notifiable communicable disease, including a sexually transmitted disease, or abuse of drugs and drugs, including alcohol, or who is declared pregnant or suffers from it. This voluntary consent applies only to the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of the conditions referred to in this subdivision. An unaccompanied homeless minor 14 years of age or older may consent, contract and receive medical, dental or behavioural tests, care or treatment without the permission, authority or consent of a parent or guardian. Acceptable documentation showing that a person is an unaccompanied homeless minor includes a statement documenting this status by: A minor may consent to medical treatment if he or she understands the nature and purpose of the proposed examination or treatment and its likely outcome and voluntarily requests it. The minor must live apart from his parents or guardians for at least 4 months, with or without the consent of his parents, parents or guardians. It is a federal constitutional “right to privacy.” There are no Michigan-specific laws on this.

According to Title X of the Public Health Services Act, family planning agencies must provide information on family planning and contraceptives, regardless of age or marital status. 42 CFR 59.5. Our office is not a Title X agency and we cannot provide this service to minors without the consent of a parent or guardian. (B) the minor meets the definition of a “homeless child or young person”; A person under the age of 21 may consent to medical and other health services being provided to detect or treat the presence or treatment of a sexually transmitted disease and any other reportable disease, infection or condition.