If you are the only applicant and the non-applicant parent did not attend the hearing or otherwise objected to the name change, the judge will sign the name change form. This part of the minor name change process only applies if you are the only applicant parent, but the other parent is not deceased and their parental rights have not been terminated. In these situations, it is imperative that you provide a copy of the petition and communication to the non-requesting parent. This can be achieved by having the sheriff`s office or a private process server deliver the forms to the other parent. After the service, the sheriff/waiter will send you proof of service. Make a copy of this form and bring it with you to the hearing. If the service fails, you will need to prove that you did everything in your power to locate the other parent and inform them of the suggested name change. Download and complete the Affidavit of Attempted Service on Non-Plaintiff Parents to be presented to the judge on your hearing date. Changing your name after a divorce is very common, only after name changes made after marriage. The process is quite simple and requires minimal effort. During divorce proceedings, you must inform the court of your intention to return to your maiden name (or another previous legal name). The divorce decree or divorce decree contains a statement explaining your decision to change your name after the divorce. Once the divorce is finalized, you will receive a copy of the divorce decree and can use it to notify agencies or institutions.

Individuals applying for a name change for political, religious, or other personal reasons may do so by filing the appropriate name change forms with their county district court. Persons prohibited from changing their names are registered sex offenders and those who work in professions requiring a state licence (lawyers, doctors, etc.). This law does not apply to teachers or professions in public schools where there is no government agency or commission approving these licenses. In addition, name changes made for fraudulent purposes will not be sanctioned. The application for a change of name must be submitted to the court registry. Ask them to make certified true copies so you can file one in the Registry of Deeds and use the other to update your name with the appropriate state and federal agencies. Download the consultation form for announcing and ordering the name change. This is the form used to notify the public of the proposed name change and the date of the hearing.

Complete all fields except the last section of the form. which is completed by the judge in charge of the case. Changing your name on your driver`s license is one of the first things you`ll think about after legally changing your name. However, in Wisconsin, it is imperative that you update your name with SSA before DMV. To update your SSA name, you must download and complete the Social Security Card Application Form. Mail this form or in person to the SSA with proof of your name change, proof of identity, and proof of legal presence in the United States. Your new Social Security card should arrive by mail fourteen (14) business days after your application is processed. Once you`ve received your new card, you can go to your local DMV office. Be sure to bring proof of identity, proof of name change, your old driver`s license, and the appropriate fee ($14 for DL, $16 for ID). A Wisconsin Name Change Form can be used by citizens of the state who wish to apply for a legal name change. All name changes will be dealt with by the District Court of the applicant`s district. These forms are not required if a person intends to take their spouse`s surname after marriage or if they wish to return to their maiden name after a divorce.

People change their names for many reasons other than marriage or divorce, and the court will likely grant a name change request as long as the proposed name is appropriate and consistent with state law. Name changes for minors under fourteen (14) years of age may be requested by one (1) or both parents, a single adoptive parent or a legal guardian. The procedure for this type of petition is different from that for an adult or a minor over fourteen (14) years of age. Use a lawyer at ContractsCounsel to change your name! Marriage is the most common reason people change their name, and it`s also the easiest name change process. If you want to take your spouse`s name after marriage, simply enter your new name on the marriage certificate when you fill it out. After the ceremony, the license is signed and sent by the official for registration. You will receive an official marriage certificate that will allow you to update your name on various documents and licenses. On the day of your hearing, go to the courthouse and bring your birth certificate and any other necessary documents or forms. As long as your name change meets the requirements of state law and no one objects to the name change, the judge will approve your petition and sign the order. If the judge does not grant the name change, he or she fills out a form to reject the name change.

On the day of your hearing, gather the required documents – the minor`s birth certificate, affidavit of publication, proof of service (if applicable) and affidavit of attempted service (if applicable) – and appear before the judge. The judge will ask the reason for the name change and review all necessary documents. As long as the name change is in the best interests of the minor, the judge will most likely sign the order granting the name change. Download the name change form and enter your name above. You can leave the rest of the form blank, as the court clerk may insist on filling it out himself. Name changes for minors under fourteen (14) years of age may be requested by both living parents, the sole surviving parent or the single adoptive parent. In cases where paternity of the minor has not been established or the parents of the minor are not married, the mother may apply for a change of name herself. If both biological parents are deceased or their parental rights have expired, a legal guardian may request a change of name for a minor.

Minors over the age of fourteen (14) must follow the steps outlined in the “Change of Adult Name” section. If you update your name with the Wisconsin Election Commission, you will need to register again. You can complete this process online by going to MyVote Wisconsin. Alternatively, you can download and complete the Wisconsin (Hmong, Spanish) voter registration application. Mail this form or in person to your parish clerk. The second form of Wisconsin`s name change package is the Notice and Change of Name Hearing Order. Download this form and enter your personal data. Leave the judge`s fields blank. Download the name change form. You can leave it blank, except for the name above, and the court clerk may want to fill it out himself after submitting the forms. Make copies of this form as well as the petition and communication. Download the name change form (adults or minors from 14 years old) and fill in all the corresponding fields.

Do not fill in the signature field – find a notary and sign the form in his presence. Recommended links from our county resource database: If the non-applicant parent attends the hearing or complains about the petition, another form must be completed by that parent. The non-applicant parent`s response to the name change will explain the other parents` position on the issue. This document must be submitted to the registry and the judge may set another hearing date. Bring the original copies of all forms and the minor`s birth certificate to your district court. Submit it to the court clerk and pay the filing fee. The case officer will inform you of the date of the hearing. Make copies of all your forms and bring the originals to your local district court. Submit the forms to the court clerk and pay the filing fee (fees vary by country). The case worker will inform you of the time and date of your hearing. Wisconsin law states that you must publish the Notice of Hearing once a week in a local newspaper for three (3) weeks. Contact a newspaper in your country and ask how much it costs and where you can send your message.

Once the publication is completed for three (3) consecutive weeks (must be before the hearing date), they will send you an affidavit of publication.